Omega House offers a peaceful, homelike environment for terminally ill people and provides end-of-life care that emphasizes compassion, independence, respect and dignity. In cooperation with local hospice programs, Omega House provides residents with exceptional care and attention 24-hours a day, seven days a week. Omega House is for those people:
- living in a limited support situation as a complement to a hospice agency program.
- living with an elderly or infirm partner whose own condition prevents them from being able to provide adequate care or support.
- whose partners are unable or fearful of caring for their loved one at home during their final phase of life.
We focus on providing comfort, preserving dignity and enhancing the quality of life for patients with advanced illness, so that they can focus on living well. We provide compassionate care to patients and families throughout Houghton, Keweenaw, Baraga and Ontonagon counties, and strive to continuously exceed the expectations of the patients and families we serve.
We believe that everyone should have the ability to control the direction of their own care and make decisions about things that matter most to them. Our experienced and professional care team members are here to provide comprehensive care that meets your needs and wishes, as well as reflects your values and beliefs.
We are here for you…. Let us be by your side to manage your pain and symptoms, and provide the emotional, spiritual and practical support that you and your loved ones need at this time. We are dedicated to making a difference in your life each day, enabling you to create positive memories and find peace knowing that your loved ones will be well cared for at the end of life’s journey.
Who is Eligible?
Any person in a hospice program or who would qualify for hospice care is eligible to live at Omega House. Medications, supplies and equipment are usually paid for by Medicare, Medicaid and most private insurances.
Residents and their families receive individualized care that addresses their physical, emotional, spiritual, psychological and social needs. Hospice caregivers help control pain and symptoms so residents can live each day more comfortably and with dignity.
What We Provide to Patients and Their Families
Each of the seven patient rooms has:
- A private bathroom
- A recliner
- Cable television
- Individual controls for heating and cooling
- Plenty of seating for visitors
- A large, low window with a view of the surrounding gardens and trees
- Personal 24-hour care from trained staff and volunteers
- Home-cooked meals served any time
- Laundry and housekeeping services
- A specially designed bathroom including a “wheel-in” shower and whirlpool bath
- A living room with television, VCR, laptop computer and piano
- A kitchen and dining room area for use by residents and families
- Special outdoor spaces including a patio and gardens
- A meditation room for when a quiet, private place is needed
- Bereavement support for social, emotional and spiritual needs
The Cost to Stay at Omega House
Residents are charged a daily rate based on an individual’s ability to pay and using a sliding scale. Omega House staff will be happy to meet you and your family to determine your daily rate. Generous community support enables Omega House to care for people with limited insurance and finances. No one is turned away from Omega House due to lack of financial resources.